Microsoft Online Learning FAQs
- How do I access Microsoft Online Learning?
To access Microsoft's Online Learning Login Page please click here.
- How do I redeem an Enrollment Code?
- Sign in to the Learner site.
- In the drop-down menu next to your name, click Redeem enrollment code.
- On the Redeem enrollment code page, fill in the enrollment code and your email address.
- Click Submit.
- What web browsers can I use?
E-Learning uses a Microsoft software product called Silverlight to run, therefor it works best in Internet Explorer
- What devices are compatible with Microsoft IT Academy Online Learning?
Any personal computer running Windows XP or higher and Internet Explorer 8 or higher, with the exception of Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 8.1 Professional. At this time, Apple iPads, or any other Apple product, as well as any android-based device is not supported by Microsoft IT Academy.
- What else can I learn?
You can learn computer basics. Microsoft offers a learning program called Digital Learning, which you can access by clicking here.
- How do I know if my system is compatible?
Click here to test your computer.
- How do I find course system requirements?
System requirements may vary between specific courses. For this reason, each course has its own set of system requirements. View the requirements to ensure your computer will be able to play the course.
- Once you have located a course of interest, click the course title
- On the resulting course detail page, click System Requirements
- What if some of the course content is not displaying?
Check to see if you have pop-up blocker software enabled on your computer. If you do, adjust the pop-up blocker settings to allow pop-ups from this site.
- How do I find/locate the Online Learning courses that are available to me?
If you don't yet have courses available in My Courses, or if you are looking for additional training, there are several ways you can explore the training that is available to you.
- Browse: On your home page, you will see a Browse menu at the top. Click Browse to see the various training subjects and then click a subject that interests you. The resulting screen will display the available courses on that subject. When you find a course you want to take, click Add to add it to your My Courses list and you can then begin taking the course.
- Search: In the upper right corner of the screen, you will notice a search box. At any time, you can enter a search term in the box to locate specific courses. For those courses that interest you, can click Add to place the course in your My Courses list and begin taking the course.
- What versions of Office are installed on YVL Public computers?
Yakima Valley Libraries offers Microsoft Office 2007 Professional on our public computers. This includes Word 2007, Excel 2007, PowerPoint 2007, Access 2007, and Publisher 2007.
- Where can I review my training history?
You can view information and attendance history for your Online Learning courses on the My Achievements page.
- How do I print a transcript?
Transcripts in this system show your progress against a course or set of courses, as well as reflect your assessment scores. There are several levels of transcripts available, and multiple locations from which transcripts can be accessed.
Learning Plan transcripts shows your progress on a specific learning plan and your performance on the related assessments.
Course-level transcripts shows your progress on a specific course, and each of its various components, including related assessments.
- To access a lesson-plan-level transcript, locate a specific lesson plan and then click the associated icon that looks like a set of pages, each with one corner turned down.
- To print the transcript, click the printer icon at the upper right corner of the transcript screen.
- To access a course-level transcript, locate a specific course and click anywhere you see an icon that looks like a single page with one corner turned down.
- To print the transcript, click the printer icon in the upper right corner of the transcript screen.
- How do I edit my Online Learning Profile?
You can edit your own profile information in the following manner:
- Click your name in the upper right corner of the screen, and then click Edit profile.
- Make the desired changes to your profile and then click Save.
Note: The contact email address in your profile is where you will receive communication pertaining to your courses (i.e. new learning plans, changes to you learning plans, etc.).This is not necessarily the address you use to log in to Microsoft Online Learning.