YVL Logo

         Job Postings

Getting a Library Card

If you live or own property in Yakima County you qualify for a free library card, good in all Yakima Valley Libraries. Non-resident cards are available for $85.00 to users who live outside of our service area. The city of Grandview has its own public library; Grandview residents may purchase a YVL card at the nonresident rate.

Your first card is free! A replacement card costs $1.00. You must present your library card every time you check out an item.

Adult Library Card

To apply for an adult's library card:

Minor Library Card

Children and minors under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when applying for a library card. The adult parent or guardian must supply photo ID and proof of current address. To apply for a library card for children and teens under 18 years old:

Non-Resident Library Card

To apply for a library card if you do not live within the Yakima Valley Libraries' service area:

Provisional Library Card

The Provisional Library Card is for people who live in the Yakima Valley Libraries’ service area, but do not yet have proof of current address (examples: new residents or people in transitional housing). To apply for a Provisional Library Card you must:

Once you provide the library with proof of current address your card will be converted to regular status and have full privileges.